While it’s essential that concrete is chosen for its functional benefits, there may be times when the aesthetic appeal of concrete is considered. Typically utilised in areas where people want to make a statement, coloured concrete can be used in a whole host of environments including:
- Basement floors
- And much more
Coloured concrete can be seen in many public places, and is often selected due to its versatility and attractive facade. Available in all different colours, to achieve the feat there are various different methods. These include:
- Integral colouring – This method sees the chosen colour infused with cement mixture, and is applied when the concrete is poured. This means that it can only be used on new applications, and existing concrete surfaces cannot make use of this technique.
- Staining – If you want to add colour to your existing concrete, such as slabs, staining is a great method. This option typically works best when the colour being applied is that of natural stone.
- Colour hardeners – Colour hardeners come in a powder form and are sprinkled over freshly poured concrete to ensure they exhibit the desired colour when dried. This method can also make the surface stronger and more durable.
- Dyes – Sometimes, people want their concrete to feature bold colours that make a statement. To achieve a vibrant look, dyes are your best bet. Applied over existing concrete using a sprayer, dyes can be used for patterned surfaces.
At Concrete Supply UK, we provide domestic and commercial customers with a whole host of coloured concrete options, tailoring our products specifically to each and every client we work with.
Benefits Of Coloured Concrete
Coloured concrete offers several practical and aesthetic benefits that make it popular for a wide range of construction and landscaping projects. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Aesthetic appeal – If you’re considering coloured concrete, the chances are you’re doing so is aesthetic appeal. Coloured concrete allows for a wide range of colour options, providing flexibility in design and allowing you to achieve the desired look for your project.
- Customisation – Colours can be specifically customised to match or complement existing structures and landscapes, or to enhance new spaces that are being built.
- New decorative options – The use of coloured concrete allows for intricate patterns and stunning designs to be created in a way that is not possible with traditional mixes. This can help add a decorative touch to surfaces like driveways, patios and footpaths. These colours can also be used in conjunction with stencils and stamps to mimic the look of more expensive materials such as brick, stone and tiles.
- Durability – Coloured concrete maintains the durability and strength of regular concrete, and in some cases even enhances it. This makes it suitable for a range of high-traffic areas.
Need Coloured Concrete?
As a leading supplier of coloured concrete, the team here at Concrete Supply UK is able to provide you with a wide range of coloured concrete options no matter what the purpose of your project. Taking a tailored approach to every client, we’ll help you select a coloured concrete option that is best for you, as well as ensure you have the appropriate quantity. To find out more, contact our team today.